Thursday, May 10, 2012

this red-haired girl of mine
tore a pinecone from the pine to cut into her palm
singing the song her sinking lover sung
i shut my eyes, ripped the train from off the line
but a sudden gust of snow
blew through a hole in my girl's clothes
well my girl knows she's not alright
and I don't mind; just give me time
just give me time


her stinging eyes and her sixteen-hour drive
and our shared transparent rope
and our icy dive through hope
i'll memorize, and i'll cut into my mind
i can't believe it can be so
i won't believe that my girl froze
well my girl knows i'm coiled tight
and green inside. just give me time
just give me time


and that weight you hold, it's getting light
and love I know you're lifted easily up high
just give it time, just give it time


just give me time

No comments:

Post a Comment