Monday, October 24, 2011

you're back in town
with blown out lungs
and shot ear drums
and misplaced kisses
and someone who misses
misses me in Kansas 

The second I got out of the van
I saw you giving your cash to the doorman
I saw the "X" on your hand--
I knew you're the one
one who'd understand, and oh--
I wish we could've talked all night
we had to be in Illinois by daylight
and what I wouldn't give to be your man,
but I can't break up the band and Jeanne,

There must be more than letters and phone calls
so say you'll come see Maine when the snow falls

just say you'll come see Maine when the snow falls.


There's kissing in Kansas
but that's not home
and you'll cry when you're on the phone
but the voice in my ear
says it wouldn't be the same, if you moved here
there's just miles
there's only miles
there's just miles
and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles 
and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles 
and miles and miles and miles and miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment